Question RAM specs don't fully match but run in dual channel

Yosef Marcera

Reputable
Oct 1, 2020
So I have two Kingston Fury Beast sticks to make up 32 gigs of RAM. They seem to work in dual channel but are noticeably different sticks since the sideprinted "Fury" texts and specs in CPU-Z don't match. Does this affect the performance I'm getting? Thanks in advance :)

CPU-Z Screenshot

Solution
So I have two Kingston Fury Beast sticks to make up 32 gigs of RAM. They seem to work in dual channel but are noticeably different sticks since the sideprinted "Fury" texts and specs in CPU-Z don't match. Does this affect the performance I'm getting? Thanks in advance :)

CPU-Z Screenshot
Hello!

They will run at the speed of the slower one.
Also, it can be that, in the future, you'll encounter instabilities & you might need to turn off XMP and run them at default (JEDEC) speed.

I hope this helps...

Endre

Honorable

CPU-Z Screenshot
Hello!

They will run at the speed of the slower one.
Also, it can be that, in the future, you'll encounter instabilities & you might need to turn off XMP and run them at default (JEDEC) speed.

I hope this helps...

Reactions: Yosef Marcera
Solution