[SOLVED] RAM Speed isn't changing ?

Kainoa110

Reputable
May 1, 2020
My ram is rated at 3200mhz and when I set it to its rated speed in BIOS, task manager and other programs say its at 2400mhz. My mobo is ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II. I tried setting it to manual and D.O.C.P and neither of them worked. It's still just running at 2400 according to my computer.

Solution
My ram is rated at 3200mhz and when I set it to its rated speed in BIOS, task manager and other programs say its at 2400mhz. My mobo is ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II. I tried setting it to manual and D.O.C.P and neither of them worked. It's still just running at 2400 according to my computer.
Try to update the motherboard bios to the latest and load defaults/optimized, save and reboot to bios, then set xmp.
Try to update the motherboard bios to the latest and load defaults/optimized, save and reboot to bios, then set xmp.

Solution
Task Manager is often wrong and reads just one XMP setting or even just lowest JEDEC. Try with CPU_Z for instance.