Question RAM Speed Question

Jan 3, 2020
Good evening all,

First and foremost I want to apologize for my ignorance. I've been a console gamer my whole life and recently purchased a PC from Cyber Power PC so I'm just starting to dabble with the PC world.

I wanted to get some of your opinions before I call and complain to CyberPower.

Below is the memory that I ordered from them when "building" my PC.

MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+105] (Team T-Force Delta RGB)

However, I've been playing around trying to adjust my fan speeds (can't figure out how and Aorus SIV doesn't recognize any fans other than the AIO on the CPU) and stumbled across what looks to be wrong RAM installed in my PC. It appears I have 2400 MHz ram installed and not the 3200MHz I paid for.

Noob here so not sure how to insert pictures directly into the forum so click here for the two screenshots I took. Snip 1 Snip 2

Anyway...I'm not crazy or wrong to say that I didn't get what I paid for, correct?

Thank you all for your time in advance - I'm sure I'll be back for a lot more questions with this dang thing. Wish I had it built locally now.

The motherboard and CPU will decide what speed the RAM actually runs at. 3200 RAM is "capable" of running 3200 speed but may not do so in your system. If your system only needs 2400 then paying for 3200 is a waste of money except it may move forward to a faster system later. If it's labeled as 3200 it probably is. All RAM includes slower settings for backward compatability.

The MB spec. sheet will tell you the CPUs, and RAM speed and capacity it supports. On older stuff the RAM capacity may increase due to larger modules becoming available, but the speeds usually stay the same.
Many people go to Crucial.com and use their RAM finder, but even then they may sell DDR3 1600 for a DDR3 1333 system because that's the speed they make now.