[SOLVED] RAM Speed question.

andred280980

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hi Folks,

I have just built a new machine, and have a question regarding RAM frequencies. I am trying to figure out if they are running at the correct speeds. See link below to screenshot of my CPU-Z. Do they seem correct?

https://ibb.co/RgfR3ck

The RAM I am using is - Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18 3600MHz

I have enabled XMP in the BIOS.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Andy

Solution
Click on the MEMORY tab next to the SPD tab. That shows you the CURRENT memory speed. The SPD tab just shows what your default and XMP speeds are, to which I see it's a 3600MHz kit. Once you go in the memory tab, in the Timings section you will see a label that reads, "DRAM Frequency". If it's 1800 then you're RAM is set to XMP specs. (Don't worry that it says 1800 and not 3600. RAM is double data rate, DDR, so just double 1800)
Click on the MEMORY tab next to the SPD tab. That shows you the CURRENT memory speed. The SPD tab just shows what your default and XMP speeds are, to which I see it's a 3600MHz kit. Once you go in the memory tab, in the Timings section you will see a label that reads, "DRAM Frequency". If it's 1800 then you're RAM is set to XMP specs. (Don't worry that it says 1800 and not 3600. RAM is double data rate, DDR, so just double 1800)

Solution