Question ram speed remain unchanged after bios settings

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 11, 2021
Recently I came to the discovery that my ram is bottlenecking my CPU (ryzen 2700x) and I needed an upgrade. So I bought a Crucial 32Gb 3200mhz ram for my PC. I understand the ram is set at a lower point than it's advertised initially so I went into bios to change those settings. My motherboard is a B450 tomahawk and I turned on XMP on and saved my settings. 2 things would happen from here. 1st my computer wouldn't turn back on and freeze when it actually does. 2nd it works and I go back into bios and my ddr speed remains the same before the changes at 2667mhz rather than 3200 it was advertised. What am I doing wrong?

Latest Bios for your MB is 7C02v1E. there is a beta version 7C02v1H5 however at this stage don't use that.
To update the Bios download from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-bios

Power down the system and just have power to the MB.

You have flashback on your rear I/O panel so rename the file to MSI.ROM and transfer to a USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition and insert it to the correct USB port as per your manual (page 22) then press the flashback button.
It will take a minute or two and when it stops flashing your done.

May 11, 2021
Latest Bios for your MB is 7C02v1E. there is a beta version 7C02v1H5 however at this stage don't use that.
To update the Bios download from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-bios

Power down the system and just have power to the MB.

You have flashback on your rear I/O panel so rename the file to MSI.ROM and transfer to a USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition and insert it to the correct USB port as per your manual (page 22) then press the flashback button.
It will take a minute or two and when it stops flashing your done.
Recently just updated the BIOS, still doesn't work....

TRENDING THREADS