Question ram speed remain unchanged after bios settings

May 11, 2021
Recently I came to the discovery that my ram is bottlenecking my CPU (ryzen 2700x) and I needed an upgrade. So I bought a Crucial 32Gb 3200mhz ram for my PC. I understand the ram is set at a lower point than it's advertised initially so I went into bios to change those settings. My motherboard is a B450 tomahawk and I turned on XMP on and saved my settings. 2 things would happen from here. 1st my computer wouldn't turn back on and freeze when it actually does. 2nd it works and I go back into bios and my ddr speed remains the same before the changes at 2667mhz rather than 3200 it was advertised. What am I doing wrong?

Recently I came to the discovery that my ram is bottlenecking my CPU (ryzen 2700x) and I needed an upgrade. So I bought a Crucial 32Gb 3200mhz ram for my PC. I understand the ram is set at a lower point than it's advertised initially so I went into bios to change those settings. My motherboard is a B450 tomahawk and I turned on XMP on and saved my settings. 2 things would happen from here. 1st my computer wouldn't turn back on and freeze when it actually does. 2nd it works and I go back into bios and my ddr speed remains the same before the changes at 2667mhz rather than 3200 it was advertised. What am I doing wrong?

Not all OC RAM has an XMP profile to allow easy Overclocking. SPD profiles are programmed on the RAM chip to suit AMD D.O.C.P and Intels XMP and don't always work.
Obviously your using XMP in Bios did not work so SPD values will have to be set for Dram Timings and Dram voltage manually in Bios.
With OC RAM there is no guarantee you will attain their rated frequency as the strength of the IMC comes into play.
Ryzen affinity fabric is picky with RAM and you should check that the RAM you are using are listed on the MB QVL. That way you are assured they have been tested and known to work.
List your RAM P/N for better advice?

Btw this is what I get everytime I mess with bios View: https://imgur.com/a/PO4CLqD
Ryzen 2700x officially supports up to 2933Mhz. Beyond that there is no guarantee you will achieve the rated frequency.
Your screen shot shows you have A-XMP profile for easy Overclocking however at 3200MH it may not work.
In which case go to advanced Dram Configuration and set your Timings and Dram voltage manually.