Nov 27, 2021
My computer is bottle necking because my ram speed is to low I am running ddr4 4000 and it is set to 2666. Intel xmp profile does not work and ends up causing a conflict in the bios. my mother board is a gigabyte z690 aero g ddr4. my prossesor is a intel i7 12700k and my ram is G skill rip jaw ddr4-4000 16x2. whenever my computer tries to run a game it blue screens, black screens, and crashes.

Solution
have you verified that this RAM kit is supported by your motherboard?
check the motherboard manufacturer QVL if you haven't.

also run a few rounds of MEMTEST to check if it may just be a faulty stick.

you can also try each module separately one at a time in each DIMM slot to try and verify if one or more of the motherboard DIMMs are not functioning properly.

you can also try each module separately one at a time in each DIMM slot to try and verify if one or more of the motherboard DIMMs are not functioning properly.

Solution
Nov 27, 2021

it is not a faulty stick my computer did this the first time and i returned the first set and got another. it also says that the mother boards is compatible with the g skill trident z royal that has the exact same specs so i do not really know what is going on. i have F4-4000C18D-32GVK while the mother board is compatible with F4-4000C18D-32GTZR. All dimms are the same too.

Last edited:
it is not a faulty stick...
i returned the first set and got another
you don't mention ever running MEMTEST tests to verify.

if there is no problems with the memory modules there's always a chance that when the kit arrived at G.Skill for testing they would determine that the kit was fine and just mail it back to you.
unless you have serial numbers to compare you wouldn't know for sure.
i have F4-4000C18D-32GVK while the mother board is compatible with F4-4000C18D-32GTZR.
then there is a good chance that this specific kit has been determined as incompatible if it is not also listed.
All dimms are the same too.
??
all DIMM slots being the same doesn't prove that a single or multiples are not functioning properly.

if you have actually tested all of them with a known compatible memory module and found them all working at the memory's manufacturer rated specs that is a different story.

Last edited: