[SOLVED] ram speeds stuck on 2100mhz even though DOCP is set to 3000mhz

Aug 28, 2018
im using a ryzen 5 2400g, asus b450m-a mobo and 16gb vengence 3000mhz ram, the DOCP set the ram timing automatically thank god because i have no idea with that, the docp also states the memory as 3000 but after setting it as the active profile and rebooting the memory status still says 2100mhz even though the DOCP is still active and says 3000, there is no overclock on the cpu, i've read i may need to OC the cpu to get the memory benefits, but have also read that my mobo doesnt have very good VRMs and can't handle much overclocking, can someone point me to some safe overclock profiles for this setup please

Solution
sorry yes i meant to put 2133, i cannot find anywhere in my bios to actually set memory clock speed apart from in the in the DOCP, and i have no idea what timings or voltage to actually set it on, i've just realised that when i check the speed in task manager its 1500mhz any idea why its giving me three different memory speeds
If it shows 1500MHz than it is running at 3000MHz effective speed because it's DDR (Double Data Rate) memory and you are fine.
im using a ryzen 5 2400g, asus b450m-a mobo and 16gb vengence 3000mhz ram, the DOCP set the ram timing automatically thank god because i have no idea with that, the docp also states the memory as 3000 but after setting it as the active profile and rebooting the memory status still says 2100mhz even though the DOCP is still active and says 3000, there is no overclock on the cpu, i've read i may need to OC the cpu to get the memory benefits, but have also read that my mobo doesnt have very good VRMs and can't handle much overclocking, can someone point me to some safe overclock profiles for this setup please
It must be 2133MHz as that's base speed for DDR4. Other than that you also have to set RAM frequency after you set DOCP. So DOCP on 3000 and memory on 3000 and than it should stick.

Aug 28, 2018
sorry yes i meant to put 2133, i cannot find anywhere in my bios to actually set memory clock speed apart from in the in the DOCP, and i have no idea what timings or voltage to actually set it on, i've just realised that when i check the speed in task manager its 1500mhz any idea why its giving me three different memory speeds

If it shows 1500MHz than it is running at 3000MHz effective speed because it's DDR (Double Data Rate) memory and you are fine.

Solution