Jul 27, 2020
Hi there. I have a Ryzen 1700 and a MSI X370 gaming pro carbon motherboard. I want to buy a kit of Corasir vengeance rgb pro 32gb at 3600mhz and I wanted to know if it will work okay.

Lutfij

Titan
For that processor, first make sure you're on the latest BIOS for the board, then you can look into a DDR4-3200MHz ram kit. I'd advise on a DDR4-3600MHz ram kit but your mileage for that frequency can and will vary vastly. Play it safe, stick to DDR4-2800MHz~3200MHz.

Jul 27, 2020
For that processor, first make sure you're on the latest BIOS for the board, then you can look into a DDR4-3200MHz ram kit. I'd advise on a DDR4-3600MHz ram kit but your mileage for that frequency can and will vary vastly. Play it safe, stick to DDR4-2800MHz~3200MHz.
So you say to buy a 3600mhz kit but run it at 3200?

Aug 11, 2020
Hello
I have problem.
i bought a motherboard msi b450 pro carbon wifi. with 2x 16GB of ram i place this on a2 and b2 but it work not.. i have black screen.. same on a1 and b1 work not..i have change the mhz to 3200mhz but it work not..
On b1 and b2 it work..
anyone can me help please? why this is
thank you.

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Hello
I have problem.
i bought a motherboard msi b450 pro carbon wifi. with 2x 16GB of ram i place this on a2 and b2 but it work not.. i have black screen.. same on a1 and b1 work not..i have change the mhz to 3200mhz but it work not..
On b1 and b2 it work..
anyone can me help please? why this is
thank you.

Hi xSnowkii,

The first thing you would want to do is to remove both sticks and make sure that they were inserted properly. Sometimes, you insert the RAM with the notches messed up and it doesn't work, although I'm pretty sure this isn't the reason. I actually had the same problem, and the solution is pretty simple. Just take out the B2 stick and boot it up. This should make it post, then go into UEFI BIOS and remove the overclock. Afterwards, reinsert the B2 stick and it should work properly.

Aug 11, 2020
Hi xSnowkii,

The first thing you would want to do is to remove both sticks and make sure that they were inserted properly. Sometimes, you insert the RAM with the notches messed up and it doesn't work, although I'm pretty sure this isn't the reason. I actually had the same problem, and the solution is pretty simple. Just take out the B2 stick and boot it up. This should make it post, then go into UEFI BIOS and remove the overclock. Afterwards, reinsert the B2 stick and it should work properly.
I've already done this and still get the same result that it doesn't work.. i don't now what the problem is..

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
I've already done this and still get the same result that it doesn't work.. i don't now what the problem is..

Ok well your motherboard has post LEDs, so check their color. Match them with the motherboard manual, and that should give you a direction in the right way. Otherwise, maybe update the BIOS? You can do this with a USB stick and another pc if you go and download it from the manufacturer's website.