Question Ram stick broken?

Justinchow21

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017
I bought a new ram stick and when I install it the motherboard debug light for ram turns on but it quickly flashes to the cpu light and then back to the ram debug light over and over. I know the dimmslot is not broken because I tested it with a different latency ram stick. Is there something I am missing or is the ram stick just faulty? Thank you.

I believe I did i took out the battery of the motherboard for a bit and put it back in. Not sure how long I left it out though. If a motherbord is adjusted to a certain ram do I need to make any bios changes when changing the ram?
BIOS reads JEDEC and XMP profiles from each RAM stick, automatically adjusting to lowest or default JEDEX values while XMP has to be enabled manually.
I think that you should list parts your PC is made of or exact model if it's laptop for further assistance. Now it's just guessing game.

Justinchow21

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017
BIOS reads JEDEC and XMP profiles from each RAM stick, automatically adjusting to lowest or default JEDEX values while XMP has to be enabled manually.
I think that you should list parts your PC is made of or exact model if it's laptop for further assistance. Now it's just guessing game.
I believe it was just the ram stick that was faulty because I purchased a used ram stick and it worked with no problems