Ram stick doesn't fit motherboard?

Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

First time writing on here and first time builder.
Today the last part of my build arrived, so I went to build my pc with some guides and manuals on the side. I've installed the cpu and cooler, however when I went to install the ram, I noticed the motherboard does not have a lever that you can push down on the left side. It does have the levers on the right side of the lanes.
Thought it might just be an error in the motherboard manual, but when I tried inserting the ram stick, it wouldn't go down all the way with even considerable amount of force. I'm sure it's aligned well with the notch near the middle. It's almost as if the ram stick is too high to insert(?).

The motherboard in question is the 'Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4' and the ram is the 2x8gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, 1.35V. I know the ram sticks aren't on the qvl list for the motherboard, however it should at least fit.

I hope it's just faulty hardware, because I've been applying so much pressure, that when I lifted the motherboard, the motherboard box underneath it was all scratched :l. Sure hope I haven't damaged it too much in case it isn't faulty hardware...

Hopefully someone can assist me with possible solutions or share their experiences. I've already emailed the store where I bought the motherboard and ram sticks about this issue, but they won't reply until the next morning.

https://imgur.com/a/wjD7AtB
Two pictures to illustrate the situation.

Thanks in advance,

Cheng

Nov 8, 2018

Thanks for answering! Still, my ram sticks only seem to go halfway, no matter whether I apply pressure on one side first or apply pressure evenly. It just won't go down to the point where the lever would click it in place. :l

Nov 8, 2018

Yes, the notch is aligned. I believe it's also visible in the picture I linked, albeit a bit dark.

Nov 8, 2018

Problem solved! It seems you have to push in one side pretty steep and then push in the other side, while applying equal force on both sides won't work.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Glad to hear your all set!