[SOLVED] RAM Sticks not working

Sep 11, 2020
This is my first real personal PC and everything was running fine. Last time it was used it was running beautifully. I had my Monitor and PC plugged into two seperate outlets. But I recently got a surge protector so I decided to use that and have my PC and Monitor plugged into that. I was shutting off my PC and I believe I turned off the power supply too early but didn't realize it in the moment. When I got everything plugged it my PC wouldn't turn on and my Motherboard had a nice happy yellow light. I tried to remove and plug back in my RAM Sticks as well as cleaning them in the process. When I put both my RAM sticks back in I opened up the BIOS Settings and noticed that only one was being read. I took out the one that wasn't being read and gave it a little bit more cleaning hopping that would do it, but when it was plugged back in both of them weren't being read. I've had a buddy try and help me and we are lost on if there is even a solution. If you know how to fix this I could definitely use the help.

Motherboard: TUF X570-Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x16
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda and 1TB WD Black SN750

Solution
It would appear your issue is with RAM. Some issues are caused by Bios corruption, modules not seated correctly or dead slots on the Motherboard.
List you RAM P/N?

First clear your CMOS to bring Bios back to default then check your Bios settings.
Just have one ram module in slot A2 for testing as per your manual page 1-5.
If still no go then test your RAM in another system or try a different kit. You can test your RAM by using Memtest86 run from a USB.
Report back for more trouble shooting if required.
It would appear your issue is with RAM. Some issues are caused by Bios corruption, modules not seated correctly or dead slots on the Motherboard.
List you RAM P/N?

First clear your CMOS to bring Bios back to default then check your Bios settings.
Just have one ram module in slot A2 for testing as per your manual page 1-5.
If still no go then test your RAM in another system or try a different kit. You can test your RAM by using Memtest86 run from a USB.
Report back for more trouble shooting if required.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS