Oct 17, 2013
Specs: i5-10400f with stock cooler
Aorus Elite B560 Motherboard
2x8GB cmr16gx4m2c3000c15
550W Corsair PSU
GTX 1080
128gb M.2
1TB SanDisk SSD

I realised my XMP profile doesn't POST, checked and then realised my RAM is not on the compatibility list. It works fine at 2666Mhz with some tightened up timings but any attempt to go higher won't post, no matter how much I loosen up timings or how much voltage I give, I even tried memory enhancement settings but none of them helped. It's just hard stuck at 2666Mhz and I'm unsure why ?

if anyone knows something I could try, wether that is manually tuning it all or a setting I've maybe overlooked, the help would be appreciated as I'm trying to ideally hit 3200Mhz to squeeze that extra FPS out. Thanks!

realised my RAM is not on the compatibility list...
It's just hard stuck at 2666Mhz and I'm unsure why.
you have the answer right there.
I'm trying to ideally hit 3200Mhz to squeeze that extra FPS out
try manually inputting the manufacturer rated specs.

if it works then you've got lucky.
if not return the memory and get some that is compatible.

Last edited:
Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I suspected this would be the case, I'll attempt to do it manually but if not then I'll swap it out for a compatible kit. Many thanks!

What are you trying to achieve with a compatible kit? Not all ram is tested and published on qvl. Ram you have now is compatible otherwise it wouldn't boot. Only thing you'll change is $ returning 3000 ram for 2666. Up to you if it's worth the trouble.

i5's memory controller is rated at 2666 and is limited to that on non Z chipset motherboards. 2933 for i7/i9.

Reactions: uWebb429