[SOLVED] ram stumble

Jul 20, 2019
I had just ordered a:
GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB)-CMW32GX4M4C3200C16

Come to find out the CMW-C3200C16 is not compatable with the CPU & MB ( so all of the lists had said). Should it still work or do I need to return and reorder? Any thoughts? Plus any recommendations on a good GPU but not too expensive for starters. I will upgrade ram and GPU later.

Solution
I wouldn't worry about that. Ram is ram. When ram manufacturers realised Samsung b-die MC chips used on the ram sticks (As appose to Hynix, Micron etc) were less hassle at higher speeds for AMD's first gen (Because motherboards + early bios revisions back then had memory problems), memory manufacturers were quick to stick an Ryzen optimised sticker and hiked the price. Since the release of Ryzen, memory compatibility has improved throughout bios updates and generations.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't worry about that. Ram is ram. When ram manufacturers realised Samsung b-die MC chips used on the ram sticks (As appose to Hynix, Micron etc) were less hassle at higher speeds for AMD's first gen (Because motherboards + early bios revisions back then had memory problems), memory manufacturers were quick to stick an Ryzen optimised sticker and hiked the price. Since the release of Ryzen, memory compatibility has improved throughout bios updates and generations.

Solution