[SOLVED] RAM Suggestion For Ryzen 3600 Paired up with B450 Tomahawk Max

Solution
It should still work, QVL just means that exact model on the list was tested by them, it doesn't mean if it's not on the list it won't work. But the memory controller on a motherboard still works on a lottery system of sorts, while the board can claim to handle such speeds, it's controller might be as stable and therefore struggle to handle those speeds at certain voltages.
Since this looks like a low budget rig, I'd recommend going with a better price-performance option, a 3200MHz kit will get you similar performance for most games compared to a 3600MHz. At most you'll see up-to or less than 5% boost in performance in games. It'd also have a much higher chance of being compatible with your system. Though the tomahawk max is one of the...
It should still work, QVL just means that exact model on the list was tested by them, it doesn't mean if it's not on the list it won't work. But the memory controller on a motherboard still works on a lottery system of sorts, while the board can claim to handle such speeds, it's controller might be as stable and therefore struggle to handle those speeds at certain voltages.
Since this looks like a low budget rig, I'd recommend going with a better price-performance option, a 3200MHz kit will get you similar performance for most games compared to a 3600MHz. At most you'll see up-to or less than 5% boost in performance in games. It'd also have a much higher chance of being compatible with your system. Though the tomahawk max is one of the best boards in the B450 line-up.

Solution
May 4, 2021
Since this looks like a low budget rig, I'd recommend going with a better price-performance option, a 3200MHz kit will get you similar performance for most games compared to a 3600MHz. At most you'll see up-to or less than 5% boost in performance in games.

Thanks! From what I have heard, going for a 3600mhz on Ryzen 3600 gives the required optimal performance. Since my options are limited and prices are astronomical for PC hardware in my country, I found this stick to be a more viable option. I was able to find a CL-14 RAM but its frequency was 3000 mhz compared to its price. I have read reviews about this ram I linked and its mostly positive.

Thanks! From what I have heard, going for a 3600mhz on Ryzen 3600 gives the required optimal performance. Since my options are limited and prices are astronomical for PC hardware in my country, I found this stick to be a more viable option. I was able to find a CL-14 RAM but its frequency was 3000 mhz compared to its price. I have read reviews about this ram I linked and its mostly positive.

If the 3600MHz kit is the most viable option in your region then by all means, go for it. As for "required optimal performance", 3600MHz is just the "sweetspot" for Ryzen in terms of RAM speed. It's just usually way more expensive than 3200MHz which, as I said, gives pretty similar performance.

May 4, 2021
If the 3600MHz kit is the most viable option in your region then by all means, go for it. As for "required optimal performance", 3600MHz is just the "sweetspot" for Ryzen in terms of RAM speed. It's just usually way more expensive than 3200MHz which, as I said, gives pretty similar performance.

True 3600Mhz is the sweetspot and from price to performance point of view it makes sense to buy the cheapest RAM. Prices of RAM in my country have shot up crazy and good CL-14 kits are out of stock like the Ballistix ones.