[SOLVED] RAM Suggestions please.

Dec 2, 2020
I am building a new pc. Right now i have a MSI x750 Godlike board with a 5900X processor. (I plan to change to a 5950x when ever i can get one too) I am trying to figure out what ram will be best for my system. I do alot of photoshop, 3d rendering, and video editing. Will my processor support 128gigs of ram? If anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks! -Jon

I am looking at getting

Trident Z RGB - DDR4-3200MHz CL14-18-18-38 1.45V - 128GB (4x32GB)
OR
Trident Z Neo - DDR4-3600MHz CL16-22-22-42 1.45V - 128GB (4x32GB)

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to look at the motherboard to tell you if it can support 128GB's of ram. From the motherboard's support site, the specifications say, yes it'll support 128GB's of ram. I'd advise on the DDR4-3600MHz ram kit. Your IMC should go to those speeds no problem. I'd advise on starting off with one stick of ram, power up to BIOS and then see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Once you're sure your BIOS is on the latest revision, power down, disconnect from the wall and then populate all slots with the remaining sticks of ram.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to look at the motherboard to tell you if it can support 128GB's of ram. From the motherboard's support site, the specifications say, yes it'll support 128GB's of ram. I'd advise on the DDR4-3600MHz ram kit. Your IMC should go to those speeds no problem. I'd advise on starting off with one stick of ram, power up to BIOS and then see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Once you're sure your BIOS is on the latest revision, power down, disconnect from the wall and then populate all slots with the remaining sticks of ram.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS