RAM Temp is showing 200 c !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2018
I noticed 3 or so weeks ago , once, that 1 RAM slot was showing 200 c , but I said is a "funny" sensor or something.

Just now , while I have a game opened and alt-tabbing , looking for some answers for a game because when I enter in combat in the said game, the FPS drops from a stable 60 to 30. Everything else is fine in the game, wondering, walking, watching other people fight, except when I enter combat , and that after 10-15 mins while logged in. In the first 10-15 mins everything is fine, even the combat.

And .. I happen to have HWMonitor open , because I did all the possible tests to find out the drop in FPS in that game. I then I saw for the second time , 1 Ram slot showing max temp to 200 c. I left my game open , but closed HWMonitor and reopened to reset the info. Tabbing back to game, entered the combat, same FPS drop , alt tab again, reading some other infos on the internet and then bum ..

ALL 4 is now showing that they had a peak of 200 c !!

hGMPwsl.png

Is it possible ... for all 4 sensors to be .. bad ? Never in my life saw this high temps for any part of any computer.

Would like to add that in HWMonitor TMPIN4 is always showing weird temps : Min 116 Max 127c. To that I really said is a "funny" sensor.

Specs : 6800k , X99 Asus AII , 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator , GTX 1060 , PSU Corsair 750RMi , and a BIG Cooler Master V8 Ver.2 .

Any .. ideas as to why this high temps on the ram? Should I return them?

Thanks!

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
You are looking at the MAX temperature for the RAM.

If you look in the "Value" column, you can see the RAM is running at a smooth 35C°-38C°.

Hope this helped!
-Lachlan :)

May 19, 2018

Well, that MAX temperature was happening. Yes, when I took the screen shot, I was alt tabbing from the game.

So that doesn't .. help me with the problem, since min was 35 on slot 2 for exemple, and max was.. 200.

Can't ignore the fact that RAM temp was, at some point, high up to 200C°.

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
Ah sorry. I thought "Max temperatures" meant "the max temperature your RAM could get".

Do you have good case airflow, with fans pulling in cold air from the front and fans pushing out hot air from the back?

May 19, 2018

Yes I do have a decent case, 700R Corsair , and 3 fans , x2 140mm 3000 Industrial NF-14A Noctua in the front, and 1 "standard" in the back. I need to buy x2 140mm or x3 120mm to add them to the top of the case. But..that's not the problem as to why RAM got to 200C° .

I did a RAM stress test with Prime95 , using 12000MB as Custom test, but never gone up beyond 40c.

But it happens only when I play this game. Even so , no matter what game , program, etc , someone uses, it should never go 200c.

May 19, 2018

On all 4 slots? And only when I play this specific game ?

I mean, bug on a slot yes, but on all 4 ?

And the idea is that I start to lag in that game when Fighting after like 10 mins or so, and I believe , that is when RAM goes to 200`C.

Hoetan

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017

It's not a bug with the hardware, rather a bug with the software you are using to monitor temperatures (CPUID HWMonitor).

May 19, 2018

All would make sense, if I didn't lag in that game after 10 mins. So if I do lag, then that means something is wrong. It feels like I don't have enough CPU when I drop to 30 FPS ( from 60 ) or RAM. But .. 200C on RAM, makes me think to believe that is something fishy with the ram, right ?

what you want to do is use one ram stick move it into each slot and see if the error follows one ram stick or two or is in the ram slot. if it the ram slot and any combo of ram. you may have a bent pin under the cpu. i would before for you move your ram make sure it locked in and your mb has the newest bios file.

May 19, 2018
Don't really believe that it could be the Bios. I changed the Ram Slots , but I will try to go 12 then 8 GB to see if there is the same problem.

How a bend pin under the CPU slot, can affect Ram ?

May 19, 2018

That are the normal temps of my RAM too , but it seems the 200°C rise in temp happens very fast. Is not something steddy for several seconds and when it happens, it doesn't happen to all of them at the same time, but 1 by 1 or so, and at an interval of .. minutes to even hours. That makes me to believe that I have problems with the RAM or even the MB.

There is no reason to believe otherwise, since in this particular game, where recommended settings have 16 GB of Ram, after 10-15 mins, I start to lag, especially in combat. Might be a memory leak , might be my MB, might be my RAM, but those temps, even if they look impossible , I still don't like seeing them.

I also have AuxTin0 temp which goes min 115, max 127 or so, which is very weird.

I left the HWMonitor over night, with nothing else opened, and when I woke up, I saw the max temp 200c. So is not something under-stress.

I was also thinking it might be my PSU , but it seems that all voltages are OK, so .. that is , as of now, out of discussion.

I am very tempted to change CPU/MB/RAM , and buy the 8700k along with Asus Hero X MB and Triple Channel RAM ( since this is Quad Channel ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS