[SOLVED] ram temps over 240c Help

macdiva

Reputable
Feb 21, 2018
I recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram. According to hwmonitor the ram is reaching temps over 200c.
Should I be worried? The other temps are OK. CPU running around 49c and the motherboard about the same temp as CPU. Is this a glitch in the hwmonitor software?
Asus B550-f AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 set to xmp. Is this a Ryzen board problem? My previous board was an Asus intel board and I had no issues with hwmon at all.
Or is it a problem with my motherboard's DIMM slots/temp sensor?

temperature sensor is on memory module, hwinfo will just read it, sensor could be missing or is broken
well i wouldnt worry about ram temperatures
mine ram which is native 3200CL14 @ 1.35v is overclocked to 3733CL16 @ 1.35v and temperature in idle 35C/in stress test 40C

temperature sensor is on memory module, hwinfo will just read it, sensor could be missing or is broken
well i wouldnt worry about ram temperatures
mine ram which is native 3200CL14 @ 1.35v is overclocked to 3733CL16 @ 1.35v and temperature in idle 35C/in stress test 40C

I recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram. According to hwmonitor the ram is reaching temps over 200c.
Should I be worried? The other temps are OK. CPU running around 49c and the motherboard about the same temp as CPU. Is this a glitch in the hwmonitor software?
Asus B550-f AMD Ryzen 5 5600x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 set to xmp. Is this a Ryzen board problem? My previous board was an Asus intel board and I had no issues with hwmon at all.
Or is it a problem with my motherboard's DIMM slots/temp sensor?
Did you reinstall Windows after the parts change?

ASK THE COMMUNITY