Question ram timing question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
I just bought a 32gb kit of 2x16 corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3000 MHz c15 ram, I set the xmp profile, and it set the cas to 16 and the command rate to 1, does anyone here know why, and how to get the cas back to c15?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can try command rate set to 2. Command rate 2 is usually set when have more than 2 sticks of ram.

Bios is showing the correct CL timings, Im not sure why Cpuz and Aida are saying CL 16.

If your system is running fine i'd ignore it, possibly a bug with Windows causing some diagnostic programs to read incorrectly? im not sure.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
Can try command rate set to 2. Command rate 2 is usually set when have more than 2 sticks of ram.

Bios is showing the correct CL timings, Im not sure why Cpuz and Aida are saying CL 16.

If your system is running fine i'd ignore it, possibly a bug with Windows causing some diagnostic programs to read incorrectly? im not sure.
ok cool thanks a lot, so should I leave the command rate at 1 then?