Question ram timing question

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
I just bought a 32gb kit of 2x16 corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3000 MHz c15 ram, I set the xmp profile, and it set the cas to 16 and the command rate to 1, does anyone here know why, and how to get the cas back to c15?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I see, thanks. XMP profile under spd tab does say they should be running CL15. Differences between CL 15 and 16 isn't anything to worry about https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency

If there is a different XMP setting in the bios try that, like XMP 2 or similar. What is your motherboard?

Another alternative is to manually set ram. Disable XMP, select manual, set 3000MHz and enter timings as shown in cpuz > spd.

did you get the images?

Yeah i see it, if it posts and you see it, we can all see it. Thanks.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
I see, thanks. XMP profile under spd tab does say they should be running CL15. Differences between CL 15 and 16 isn't anything to worry about https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory-performance-speed-latency

If there is a different XMP setting in the bios try that, like XMP 2 or similar. What is your motherboard?

Another alternative is to manually set ram. Disable XMP, select manual, set 3000MHz and enter timings as shown in cpuz > spd.

my specs are asus prime b450m a csm motherboard, ryzen 7 1700x cpu, gtx 1070 video card.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015

and there is only one xmp profile, but I think the profile might of said c15 so I don't know why it set at c16.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I would leave it unless you'd like to try your luck manually setting your ram for adventurous or learning reasons. If don't want to bother with it you won't be missing out on anything. See the Crucial link explaining memory timings.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
I would leave it unless you'd like to try your luck manually setting your ram for adventurous or learning reasons. If don't want to bother with it you won't be missing out on anything. See the Crucial link explaining memory timings.
ok thanks, so do you or do you not think the ram has issues cause of this? or is it not a problem with the ram?

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
one more thing, I remember where you set the timings in the bios, it seemed to have more timing settings than what cpu-z showed.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
No i don't thInk there is. Possibly updating motherboard bios might fix it or can boot memtest on a usb stick to make sure.

ok thanks for all your help... ill either leave it be, or go for it, and set the timings myself.