Question RAM timings effect mouse lag/responsiveness enormously ?

May 2, 2023
4 diffrent mobo and 3 diffrent ram kits (ddr3/ddr4 , b-die , micron) , its all the same. If I lower mhz and let bios fill , mouse lag decrease dramatically.
Overall lower ram speed has most impact , then lowering Trfc , cl has little vs.
I mean huge huge diffrence , 90 year old person can notice it easily.

Also when ram speed lower (2100-2133) cpu bounds games fluidty decrase despite having constant high frames (+300) , ram speed higher (2400-3200) game become more fluid.

Any clue? Can it be due to RFI/emi ?

z270 pc mate / b250 / z270 maximus
1050ti
rmx750 psu

win8.1 and win10

logitech g403 , ss rival 3 , za12 , ec1 , g100s

Last edited:
May 2, 2023
Update your post to include full system hardward specs and OS information.

Make and model mouse?

What do you mean by "let bios fill"?

More information needed.
By let bios fill I meant auto ram timings set by bios.
Updated post for specs

Ralston18

Titan
Not RFI/EMI.

This:

"If I lower mhz and let bios fill , mouse lag decrease dramatically."

Reconfigure as necessary to end or otherwise minimize the mouse lag.

Then, as you deem applicable and appropriate, makeMHz changes in small increments allowing time between any changes. "Time" being defined (my definition, full disclosure) by a couple of system boot ups and normal usage for a day or two.

Objective being to discover at what point fluidity/ mouse lag, as you percieve it, falters.

Microsoft Windows provides tools to monitor system performance: Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer.

Use all three tools, but only one tool at a time to monitor system performance. Look for anything that changes when mouse performance falters. Or RAM / RAM configuration becomes an issue.

No need to rush. Simply be methodical, change only one thing at a time. Keep notes.

May 2, 2023
Not RFI/EMI.

This:

"If I lower mhz and let bios fill , mouse lag decrease dramatically."

Reconfigure as necessary to end or otherwise minimize the mouse lag.

Then, as you deem applicable and appropriate, makeMHz changes in small increments allowing time between any changes. "Time" being defined (my definition, full disclosure) by a couple of system boot ups and normal usage for a day or two.

Objective being to discover at what point fluidity/ mouse lag, as you percieve it, falters.

Microsoft Windows provides tools to monitor system performance: Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer.

Use all three tools, but only one tool at a time to monitor system performance. Look for anything that changes when mouse performance falters. Or RAM / RAM configuration becomes an issue.

No need to rush. Simply be methodical, change only one thing at a time. Keep notes.
I already did those man , Im saying only changing ram mhz alone , alters mouse lag a lot , yes changed and waited days/weeks I ve been fidling these for years , also yes I tend to change 1 thing at a time cuz its the only logical way.

Ralston18

Titan
At best, startover with RAM at the default settings per BIOS.

Use Resource Monitor (Memory tab) to take a look at what processes are running and how much memory (RAM) is being used by any given Process. (Note that that the columns can be sorted - ascending or descending.)

Expand the Resource Monitor so all can seen and take a screenshot to printout.

Then change the RAM MHz as you have been doing but be sure to use some measured amount amount of change that can be done in equal increments.

Check the mouse lag and again take a screenshot of the running processes. Look for what changed.

Do that through a few increments. Compare the printouts.

Look for some process that changes in a manner that parallels mouse performance.

I.e., resources (RAM or otherwise) being used increase as the lag increases. Or decreases as mouse lag increases.

Pay attention to GPU as well.