Ram UDIMM AND DIMM

revenantbacus

Reputable
May 15, 2018
So i already have a 4gb ram memory and it says in the box is 4GB DDR4-2400 CL15 288 - Pin UDIMM and the model is HX424C15FB/4. Im planning to upgrade on 8gb and search from online markets. I saw the ram that i am looking for with exact same model but the description says its non-ecc and 4GB DDR4 - 2400 CL15 288 - Pin DIMM ? Is it the same or its different ? Should i buy it ? Thanks for response.

Solution
If it is really the same partnr. just buy it. Can't promise they work together since sometimes even the same ram will not play well together. In theory it should,but trying is the only thing you can do.

The "U" btw stand for "Unbuffered" which the ram other ram is then too,it's just not mentioned there.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If it is really the same partnr. just buy it. Can't promise they work together since sometimes even the same ram will not play well together. In theory it should,but trying is the only thing you can do.

The "U" btw stand for "Unbuffered" which the ram other ram is then too,it's just not mentioned there.

Solution