Ram upgrade 4gb to 8gb dual channel.

Aug 18, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my laptops ram. My laptop has an i3 8130 and an mx130 but only 4gb single channel ram. I have a free ram slot and I am considering to upgrade it to 8gb dual channel. will this increase gaming performance a lot? and is it worth to spend almost 50$ for a piece of memory?

Thank you

Solution
Assuming you have a 64-bit version of Windows, then an upgrade from 4GB to 8GB can help a good bit on overall system performance. For best results, it is better to use two identical memory modules. Mixing makes/models can produce odd results.

If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, then the upgrade makes less sense unless you also plan to move to a 64-bit OS. 32-bit operating systems can only use 4GB or less memory.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Assuming you have a 64-bit version of Windows, then an upgrade from 4GB to 8GB can help a good bit on overall system performance. For best results, it is better to use two identical memory modules. Mixing makes/models can produce odd results.

If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, then the upgrade makes less sense unless you also plan to move to a 64-bit OS. 32-bit operating systems can only use 4GB or less memory.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS