[SOLVED] Ram upgrade causes blue screen

Apr 23, 2021
Hi i would like some help. My system has an asus H-110m-k motherboard with intel i5-6500 @ 3.2Ghz and 2x HyperX Fury 4GB @ 2133Mhz memory modules. I recently upgraded to 2x G.Skill Aegis 8GB @ 2400Mhz modules. After this the system crashes with BSOD when i am working with npm and while performing sfc /scannow. Replacing the old modules fixes the issue. I also tried both XMP settings at 2400 in bios settings and default settings with no luck. Any reason why this is caused and any idea how to fix it. Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Hi i would like some help. My system has an asus H-110m-k motherboard with intel i5-6500 @ 3.2Ghz and 2x HyperX Fury 4GB @ 2133Mhz memory modules. I recently upgraded to 2x G.Skill Aegis 8GB @ 2400Mhz modules. After this the system crashes with BSOD when i am working with npm and while performing sfc /scannow. Replacing the old modules fixes the issue. I also tried both XMP settings at 2400 in bios settings and default settings with no luck. Any reason why this is caused and any idea how to fix it. Thanks in advance :)
With the old ram installed get the latest bios and chipset driver.
Test with the old ram and make sure everything functions.
If ok swap the ram and test.
With the old ram installed get the latest bios and chipset driver.
Test with the old ram and make sure everything functions.
If ok swap the ram and test.

Solution

Latest posts