Apr 21, 2022
Hello,
I'm AMD Ryzen 7 5800x user and I'm seriously considering upgrading my PC 's RAM capacity.

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte B450/Rev.1 Aorus Elite and current RAM is Corsair's Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200MHz.
I'd like to upgrade from 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz to 64GB 3600MHz. I'm not sure whether it should be two memory sticks (2x32) or (4x16), I searched a lot online through forums and the information is just too mixed for me to be certain, what is the best course of action or which brand to buy... So I turn to professional opinions and suggestions/recommendations on THIS forum. As this is my first post here, if there was already a question on the matter of RAM upgrade with given PC specs, I apologize.

Summary:
Current processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x, which manufacturer/brand RAM should I turn to?
Should RAM sticks kit (Motherboard Gigabyte B450/Rev.1) be a 2x32 or 4x16

Side note:
I'm considering this upgrade because I'm an old fan of ARMA simulator Series, with current one being "ArmA III".
Most ArmA 3 users agree (given the state of its engine not being well optimized ) is that it runs best with 64GB 3600MHz of RAM and a beefy processor (which I already got). My graphics card is GTX 1660 Ti, but ArmA 3 doesn't revolve much on the power of a graphics card, but rather on CPU and RAM.

Thank you.

Solution
Hello,
I'm AMD Ryzen 7 5800x user and I'm seriously considering upgrading my PC 's RAM capacity.

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte B450/Rev.1 Aorus Elite and current RAM is Corsair's Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200MHz.
I'd like to upgrade from 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz to 64GB 3600MHz. I'm not sure whether it should be two memory sticks (2x32) or (4x16), I searched a lot online through forums and the information is just too mixed for me to be certain, what is the best course of action or which brand to buy... So I turn to professional opinions and suggestions/recommendations on THIS forum. As this is my first post here, if there was already a question on the matter of RAM upgrade with given PC specs, I apologize.

Summary:
Current...
Hello,

Summary:
Current processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x, which manufacturer/brand RAM should I turn to?

Side note:
I'm considering this upgrade because I'm an old fan of ARMA simulator Series, with current one being "ArmA III".
Most ArmA 3 users agree (given the state of its engine not being well optimized ) is that it runs best with 64GB 3600MHz of RAM and a beefy processor (which I already got). My graphics card is GTX 1660 Ti, but ArmA 3 doesn't revolve much on the power of a graphics card, but rather on CPU and RAM.

Thank you.
Hi DreadForce83 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :D

I don't know who told you that BS but Arma III specs indicate it will run on as little as 4GB.
You do not need more than 16GB of RAM for AAA gaming so what you have is more than enough for decent Gaming FPS.

64GB at 3600MHz is overkill and you may have issues as your 5800X officially supports up to 3200Mhz. Adding more RAM does not translate into better performance in gaming so you are misinformed.

FYI: Ryzen sweet spot for gaming is (2x8) at 3200Mhz CL14 with Samsung B-Die chips and I recommend G.Skill as an excellent brand.

Solution
Hello,

Summary:

Side note:

Thank you.
When you run this arma app what does your ram usage show?

Unless your going up near the top I doubt you would see a diff by adding more ram.

Reactions: DreadForce83
Apr 21, 2022
Thank you both for your answers,
I'll also check how RAM usage behaves when running ArmA 3.
Also, because I like to render videos (recorded in 1080p, but then I upscale them to 4k), would adding max memory contribute to rendering speed and such?
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts