ram upgrade help

electric_sheep

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
hi, i have 4Gb ram on my pc. Mainboard is a M5A97 EVO R2.0

Current ram is kingston khx1600c9d3/4gx pc3-12800, but i cant find it anymore to my local stores, also i dont want to buy it from an online shop.

So, what ram do you suggest me to buy to add 4Gb more ; i dont want to have any compatibility problems.

Thanks.

Solution
If you add anthing to the current DRAM you take a chance of compatibility issues, they might play together or might not (this is true even if you get an identical stick of the same model), Best to get a set of the full amount you want, if you have to try and add get a stick of same freq, timings and voltage, then if there are problems give me a shout and we can try some adjustments

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
If you add anthing to the current DRAM you take a chance of compatibility issues, they might play together or might not (this is true even if you get an identical stick of the same model), Best to get a set of the full amount you want, if you have to try and add get a stick of same freq, timings and voltage, then if there are problems give me a shout and we can try some adjustments

Solution