[SOLVED] RAM upgrade issus ?

mehdisouak

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018
Hello everyone , i have HP Compaq 6300 Micro Tower Desktop PC with an i5 3470 and for the last couple of weeks I've been trying to upgrade my RAM from 8GB(2x4GB) to 12GB Ram with no luck , i test 4 deferent stick of 2GB ram but my PC doesn't want to go past 8gb , when i plug my 4gb stick with one of the 2gb stick the pc shows 6GB but when i put the other 4gb i had it only shows 8GB (only my sticks work in this case) i don't know why or what's the problem here for some reason my PC detect only one dual channel setup and ignore the other one so if i install 4+4 in dual channel(DIMM1 and DIMM3) and put other rams in slot DIMM2 and DIMM4 only the rams in DIMM1 and DIMM3 are detected the rest is ignored when i check CPUz it shows the rams but the bios and windows doesn't ,and if i only use DIMM2 and DIMM4 slots the rams work fine.
can you help me here plz ?

Last edited:

mehdisouak

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018
exact model of the new and old ram? try not mixing 4gbx2 with 2gbx2? and get another 4gbx2?
Yes i tried the same model with the same speed(1333MHZ) no luck , i tried 4+4+4 configuration only 8gb (DIMM1 and DIMM3) is detected , i even tried 4 sticks of 2GB but my PC only detect 4 gb (slot DIMM1 and DIMM3),i'm thinkin about buying two stick 2x8Gb and put them on slot DIMM1 and DIMM3 but i'm not sure this will work ,

mehdisouak

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018
Try updating the BIOS to the latest version, if not done yet. 00.03.08 Rev.A is the latest BIOS version.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-pro-6300-microtower-pc/5232874

Install only the original and update BIOS, then try the other sticks. If BIOS is updated, you may want to memtest each stick individually, to see if they are indeed all good.
I have the latest bios , I've already tried all slots individually there is no Issus , the problem start appearing when i put more than 2 sticks, i had some problems with my PSU long time ago some noises from the fan and some friezes in my PC , i didn't change it because the problems disappeared ,it's working fine now but can it be the problem?

I have the latest bios , I've already tried all slots individually there is no Issus , the problem start appearing when i put more than 2 sticks, i had some problems with my PSU long time ago some noises from the fan and some friezes in my PC , i didn't change it because the problems disappeared ,it's working fine now but can it be the problem?

Voltage issues can cause memory impaired recognition. Have you tried the memtest+ diagnostic individually?

TRENDING THREADS