Question RAM upgrade on Acer A315-53

Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys!
Currently I own an Acer A315-53 that I use for studying and playing a few games.
The laptop has 8GB 2400mhz RAM, one 4GB module welded into the motherboard, and another 4GB which I can upgrade
My plans are to replace this second 4GB module for a 16GB 2666mhz module, and I already know that this is possible
The only thing that makes me a bit scared is the fact that this 16GB module is from a different brand, and has a higher frequency
I also know that if I use both these memories, the 2666mhz one will work with 2400mhz but thats not an issue for me

So, I wanted to know if the fact that the memories have different frequencies and are from different brands may cause any system instability, or I'm good to go if I install them together?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Bob.B

Respectable
Feb 8, 2021
Hi guys!
Currently I own an Acer A315-53 that I use for studying and playing a few games.
The laptop has 8GB 2400mhz RAM, one 4GB module welded into the motherboard, and another 4GB which I can upgrade
My plans are to replace this second 4GB module for a 16GB 2666mhz module that I own, and I already know that this is possible
The only thing that makes me a bit scared is the fact that this 16GB module is from a different brand, and has a higher frequency
I also know that if I use both these memories, the 2666mhz one will work with 2400mhz but thats not an issue for me

So, I wanted to know if the fact that the memories have different frequencies and are from different brands may cause any system instability, or I'm good to go if I install them together?

Thank you so much!
I doubt anyone can tell you yes or no.
Install the new stick and see if you can get to the bios.
If yes boot a copy of memtest86 and let it run a pass .....no errors allowed.
If that's good boot windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS