[SOLVED] RAM Upgrade problem

muchwow

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

So I'm trying to upgrade my pc and i'm going for partial upgrade. I decided to upgrade my ram first. however, when I installed the new ram, the cpu wouldn't start (always restart after few seconds of running, no display appeared). What could be the problem?

Here is my specs:
Mobo : H110M-Gaming3-CF
Previous RAM : HyperX 2x4gb DDR4 2666mhz
New RAM : Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX PC25600 3200Mhz 16GB (2X8GB)

When I stuck in the new RAM, the PC wouldn't start, but when I put back the previous RAM, there's no problem whatsoever.

What might the problem be, please help! Thanks.

Solution
Hi,

So i've solved the issue. it was my Mobo patch update. hasn't updated the bios for the last 4 years. After updating it, it works just fine. Thanks for all of your inputs!
Never a good idea to mix RAM as you have and especially from differing manufacturers and at differing frequency.
Get yourself a single kit at a frequency, and size that your MB and CPU support and chosen from the MB QVL, and that way you know they are tested and known to work. RAM are binned at the factory to match at frequency/Latency. You have a classical mismatch.

muchwow

Reputable
Nov 27, 2017
Hi,

So i've solved the issue. it was my Mobo patch update. hasn't updated the bios for the last 4 years. After updating it, it works just fine. Thanks for all of your inputs!

Solution