[SOLVED] RAM Upgrade quetion

Dec 16, 2019
Yesterday 2 of my RAM modules went the way of the dinosaur, so now I've been knocked down to 4gb of RAM.

I've ordered a new 4gb stick as a temporary solution, but i want to get another as my board has dual channel and 4 dimm slots, while i have 2 2gb sticks, and then tomorrow i'll have the single 4gb one. My question is, would getting an 8gb stick sometime later be a good option to get me to 16gb, or should i just save a bit more and buy 2 new 8gb sticks and get rid of the old ones?

Solution
Buying same brand RAM sticks not a in kit or different brand and speed not from a kit can result in problems. There is no guarantee that they will work together. That's why people always been recommending you buy a kit. You should just buy a 2x8GB kit and remove your old ones.
Buying same brand RAM sticks not a in kit or different brand and speed not from a kit can result in problems. There is no guarantee that they will work together. That's why people always been recommending you buy a kit. You should just buy a 2x8GB kit and remove your old ones.

Solution
Dec 16, 2019

Alright, thanks, that's all i needed to know.