[SOLVED] Ram upgrade suggestion- HyperX Fury Black 8GB 2133MHz HX421C14FB2/8

JOY11

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
currently i am using a HyperX Fury Black 8GB 2133MHz HX421C14FB2/8 link-(https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01D8U27YU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
so can i add a 4g ddr4 HyperX Fury Black 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX421C14FB/4) link-(https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00TY6A2Z4/ref=dp_cerb_1 )
my specs
asus h110m-k motherboard
i5 6400
rx 470
seasonic evoii 520
HyperX Fury Black 8GB 2133MHz HX421C14FB2/8
reason- cod warzone is not playable due to low ram,same goes for pubg pc sometimes it shutters in low settings 75 fps

Solution
When mixing and matching RAM modules(even 2 sticks that have the same model number) you're always taking a risk... there's a small chance that they won't work together. Modules sold in kits are tested together, so they'll certainly be compatible with each other.
You need to make sure that the module can be returned in case of incompatibility. If there are no compatibility problems between the modules they should work together.

Also, you're pairing an 8GB module with a 4GB one. That's not optimal performance wise because the 4GB module + 4GB from the 8GB module will run in dual channel and the remaining 4GB will run in single channel.
You should rather add an 8GB stick instead of a 4GB if you want to maximize performance and run...
When mixing and matching RAM modules(even 2 sticks that have the same model number) you're always taking a risk... there's a small chance that they won't work together. Modules sold in kits are tested together, so they'll certainly be compatible with each other.
You need to make sure that the module can be returned in case of incompatibility. If there are no compatibility problems between the modules they should work together.

Also, you're pairing an 8GB module with a 4GB one. That's not optimal performance wise because the 4GB module + 4GB from the 8GB module will run in dual channel and the remaining 4GB will run in single channel.
You should rather add an 8GB stick instead of a 4GB if you want to maximize performance and run everything in dual channel.

Last edited:
Solution
so can i install 8gb of another brand with 2133 mhz or anything you can suggest ? (lower price will help me without issue)

You can... just make sure that the frequency is the same(2133 MHz) and the timings are the same(CL14 in your case) on the new memory module.

As I said in my first post... make sure that you can return the module before buying it. A small chance of incompatibility between the sticks(because they weren't tested together) remains, even if both modules work fine on their own.

Last edited: