Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
I'm planning to upgrade my ram to 16gb, since my current ram is bad and makes problems to my pc I collected some money for new ram. My budget is 120-150$. I need best possible ram (best speed and compability with mobo and cpu). Any BSOD I get is related to memory (RAM).

PC Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus PRIME A320M-K
Nvidia GEFORCE 1650 Super
Corsair TX650 - 650w
Adata SU650 - 240GB
WD Blue - 320GB I think...

Any help is appreciated, ty guys

Solution
Any 3200Mhz memory that works with the 2200G is quite likely to work with newer CPUs as well.

From the wording I believe the first list is for G series processors. That other list would be for things like the Ryzen 2600 and 2700X.

Still, quite a bit of overlap.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz
G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200mhz

I'm saying this isn't enough information to compare them. I only know what they look like from personal knowledge.

2x8GB 3200Mhz
Timings: xx-xx-xx-xx (16-18-18-20 as an example)
Voltage: (1.5V or 1.65V typical)
You could look further into chip maker, etc, but you aren't going to be able to overclock these, so not that important.

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
if you're concerned about guaranteed compatibility,
check the QVL list for your motherboard.
located on motherboard's support page.

it will show all ASUS certified compatible memory which can then be sorted by speed.

I'm not into PCs a lot, so whenever I need help I come here and you guys are always correct and always give help, thank you for that!

I searched for and what do you think is better

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz (3200mhz is max that my mobo supports)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3200Mhz max listed for the board. So a 2x8GB kit would do, CL15/CL16.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...-K/Memory_QVL_for_Ryzen-Athlon_Processors.pdf

Would need the exact models of the memory to make a comparison. With that information, they are identical. Although the LPX memory is compatible with most heatsinks and coolers. Ripjaws can interfere with large coolers, sometimes. If you are just using the stock cooler, doesn't matter.

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
3200Mhz max listed for the board. So a 2x8GB kit would do, CL15/CL16.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...-K/Memory_QVL_for_Ryzen-Athlon_Processors.pdf

Would need the exact models of the memory to make a comparison. With that information, they are identical. Although the LPX memory is compatible with most heatsinks and coolers. Ripjaws can interfere with large coolers, sometimes. If you are just using the stock cooler, doesn't matter.
Yes I'm on stock cooler, RAM that I mentioned is from this list below
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...L_for_AMD_Ryzen_2nd_Generation_Processors.pdf
Am I searching on wrong link because there is link for ryzen processors with vega graphics and for ryzen 2nd gen, and what if I upgrade later on from ryzen 3 2200g to ryzen 5 3600? will that ram still be compatible?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Any 3200Mhz memory that works with the 2200G is quite likely to work with newer CPUs as well.

From the wording I believe the first list is for G series processors. That other list would be for things like the Ryzen 2600 and 2700X.

Still, quite a bit of overlap.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz

I'm saying this isn't enough information to compare them. I only know what they look like from personal knowledge.

2x8GB 3200Mhz
Timings: xx-xx-xx-xx (16-18-18-20 as an example)
Voltage: (1.5V or 1.65V typical)
You could look further into chip maker, etc, but you aren't going to be able to overclock these, so not that important.

Solution