ram upgrade to 16

Mihai_21

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
hello i wish to upgrade my rig with another stick of 8gb ram ..but i can't decide because i see 2 different models
-KINGSTON ValueRAM 8GB DDR4, 2133MHz, CL15, KVR21N15S8/8 at 70$
-KINGSTON ValueRAM 8GB DDR4, 2133MHz, CL15, KVR21N15D8/8 at 55$
My rig contains :
-i5 6500
-KINGSTON ValueRAM 8GB DDR4, 2133MHz, CL15, KVR21N15S8/8
-H110-dgs mobo
-Rx 480
i want to make my dual channel work too

Solution
No doubt here: buy the S8. I'd go as far as saying buy a 16GB kit, since buying modules separately could yield problems, EVEN if those modules appear to be identical. If buying a 16GB kit is not an option, go with the exact same model you have right now.
I've had mixed RAM in the past and it is an absolute nightmare to deal with. A nightmare. BSODs, random lock ups, PC freezing....sound going crazy...it's just a mess. Increasing voltage to adjust for the latency differences at the same frequency didn't help either.

3ogdy

Distinguished
No doubt here: buy the S8. I'd go as far as saying buy a 16GB kit, since buying modules separately could yield problems, EVEN if those modules appear to be identical. If buying a 16GB kit is not an option, go with the exact same model you have right now.
I've had mixed RAM in the past and it is an absolute nightmare to deal with. A nightmare. BSODs, random lock ups, PC freezing....sound going crazy...it's just a mess. Increasing voltage to adjust for the latency differences at the same frequency didn't help either.

Solution