Apr 22, 2019
I have got this mobo and RAM for now:

MSI X470 GAMING PLUS + Hyperx fury 2x8gb ddr4 3200 MHz (code HX432C18FB2K2/16 which is also in compatible list of ram so it is running in dual-channel).

I want to upgrade to GSkill 2x16 GB 3000 MHz with code F4-3000C15S-16GVR which is not in compatible list of ram so Iam asking if its possible to run that ram in dual-ch with 3000 MHz although this mobo does not support it?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's not that the RAM isn't compatible if it isn't on the official support list, but more likely that it just hasn't been tested. RAM modules are being released constantly, so it would be unreasonable to test each set.

As long as it is the correct form factor etc. it is usually always fine. So I wouldn't worry. The only risk you may need to consider is using RAM that isn't on the official support list may limit you on some warranty support for the motherboard at a later date (if they believe the RAM module is causing it). More companies are becoming a bit more resistant in this matter.

Sep 15, 2019
Accroding to the motherboard manufacturer the motherboard does support the 3000Mhz kit. The RAM doesnt have to be the specific brand but it should have a rated speed and size which matches the motherboard. Plus please dont buy RAM from unknown company. Gskill is a reputed brand but it is more leaned towards the AMD as their kits are optimized for AMD's Ryzen CPU's. You can also buy the Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM.

Apr 22, 2019
Thank you for your answers and tips.

I decided to buy second KIT of 2x8 GB. Now, I have got question, which RAM sticks should I buy into second dual-ch slots.

I have got this ram KIT Hyperx fury 2x8gb ddr4 3200 MHz (code HX432C18FB2K2/16). Should I buy the same KIT because of same frequency, voltage, latencies? Are first and third slots for DUAL-CH mode dependent on second and fourth? Or it is just about KIT which is not depedent for each other sticks and what about possibility of overclocking?

Another two KITs with differen voltage, frequency and latencies are:

HyperX Predator 2x8 GB 3200 MHz (code HX432C16PB3K2/16 ).

Patriot Viper 4 2x8 GB 3400 MHz (code PV416G340C6K).

OC is a bit important for me but it is not something what I should choose for.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have got this ram KIT Hyperx fury 2x8gb ddr4 3200 MHz (code HX432C18FB2K2/16). Should I buy the same KIT because of same frequency, voltage, latencies?
Regardless as to whether you match timings / model voltages etc. they are still not guaranteed to work together. So there is every possibility they may not work together at all. This becomes even more difficult when speeds/timings are difficult.

RAM is only guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack) so it's a gamble.

Also, you are better with 2x16GB than 4x8GB on a dual channel board. Having 1 pair of RAM modules in a channel is dual channel. 4 RAM modules is only really beneficial in quad channel boards, in fact having 4 modules in a dual channel board can sometimes be detrimental as it cannot access all 4 sticks in quad channel and can put stress on the memory controller.

Apr 22, 2019
Ok so for dual-ch mobo it could be not beneficial even if I choose same RAM KIT and it could not work together in two dual-ch modes?

First I wanted 2x16 GB but I bought motherboard which worked fine just for one stick of 1x16 GB 3000 MHz from GSkill and after year I bought second 1x16 GB 3000 MHz same brand and type for dual-ch mode. After one year I found out that this mobo is not working, in BIOS were two ram sticks but there were not working in dual-ch and mobo destroyed first stick I checked it with MEMtest. So now Iam waiting for cash-back because it is old mobo - Asrock Fatality, chipset B350 Gaming K4 pro which is not for sale in these days. I also returned second bought stick of 1x16 GB 3000 MHz which was fine because I just did some MEMtest testing and that was all. First bought stick I returned for service. Iam waiting now to 7th October (it takes one month) Iam expecting cash-back from mobo and getting back one new 1x16 GB 3000 MHz from G-Skill but Iam a bit worried becasue I did not take a photo of serial-number, can one destroyed stick destroy slot for ram on mobo?

After this unpleasantly experience Iam checking support list for RAM so I want to be sure that everything will perfectly works. That is the reason why I bought 2x8 GB stick.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
it could not work together in two dual-ch modes?
There is no such thing. For 4 modules, you want quad channel, which requires a quad channel board. And then modules from 2 different packs (even the exact same model) are not guaranteed to work together.

Well the RAM problem you describe could well be a problem with mixed modules, but I'd be totally speculating and what's done is done. It's less likely that boards randomly damage RAM modules, but RAM can become faulty. Equally less likely that RAM damages a motherboard. There are too many variables to speculate on what has happened ultimately my friend.

Apr 22, 2019
Ok THX. This was not clear for me.

So I can risk and buy second same KIT and hope that it will works with four sticks or just change / buy second 1x16 GB 3000 MHz GSkill with two sticks in dual-ch.

Apr 22, 2019
DMAN99:

Thank you for your answer.

But Iam waiting to 7th of October for GSkill 1x16 GB F4-3000C15S-16GVR which I will get from service. I bought the same two sticks of this RAM during one year on Asrock MOBO this MOBO was destroyed in ram slots it destroyed my pair of Gskill (2x16 GB 3000 MHz) (memtest). So I do not want to spend my money now for another 2x16 GB KIT when I am going to get one new stick.

Reactions: DMAN999