[SOLVED] Ram Upgrade.

May 6, 2021
Hi everyone. Please suggest the most suitable ram upgrade for my laptop. I have an Hcl p28 pdc. The current ram is hynix 1gb 2R x16 PC2-5300s-555-12.
I can upgrade to 2gb. Also please tell me what type of ram it is. Can I change it to another with higher speed?
Thank you

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For your ram upgrade, you will need an exact same stick of ram as the one you currently have. So either a dual channel ram kit is in need or the same hynix 1gb 2R x16 PC2-5300s-555-12 stick of ram. Make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date before adding the second stick of ram to the laptop. On another note, I doubt that the ram upgrade will do you any good in 2021.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For your ram upgrade, you will need an exact same stick of ram as the one you currently have. So either a dual channel ram kit is in need or the same hynix 1gb 2R x16 PC2-5300s-555-12 stick of ram. Make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date before adding the second stick of ram to the laptop. On another note, I doubt that the ram upgrade will do you any good in 2021.

Solution
May 6, 2021
Thanks, Lutfig.
I only have one slot for the ram.
I found a 2gb ram 2R x 16 PC2-5300s-667.
Will that be suitable?
I know the best move is to buy a new laptop which will take awhile. This step is for till then.

TRENDING THREADS