[SOLVED] Ram upgrade

Feb 2, 2022
I have a satellite C75D-B AMD A6 6310 i purchased from a pawnshop a couple yrs back. I cant find the 6310 part on my model anywhere at toshiba support. I want to upgrade to 16gig ram from the 4 in it. Ive read so-dimm and ddram i think. Please help me out here does my laptop hold so-dimm or the other. I know its ddr3 1333 204 pin but thats all i know.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The only benefit you'll get with maxing out the memory on that laptop is the ability to have multiple tabs opened in a browser like Google Chrome. Might want to read through this thread. Per the question about what sticks of ram to look for, you should look into a DDR3L dual channel ram kit rated to run at 1866MHz @ 1.35v, i.e, a 2x8GB DDR3L-1866MHz 1.35v dual channel ram kit. Please make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version prior to dropping a ram upgrade on it.

Yes, they are SO-DIMM's. I've stated 1866Mhz since the memory controller is supposed to support that as it's max.

Lutfij

Titan

The only benefit you'll get with maxing out the memory on that laptop is the ability to have multiple tabs opened in a browser like Google Chrome. Might want to read through this thread. Per the question about what sticks of ram to look for, you should look into a DDR3L dual channel ram kit rated to run at 1866MHz @ 1.35v, i.e, a 2x8GB DDR3L-1866MHz 1.35v dual channel ram kit. Please make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version prior to dropping a ram upgrade on it.

Yes, they are SO-DIMM's. I've stated 1866Mhz since the memory controller is supposed to support that as it's max.

Solution
Feb 2, 2022

Thank you and yes thats my next update then it should be ok for a little more ram. Sites like this are a tremendous help for me. I thajk you.