Question Ram Upgrade

Jun 7, 2023
Good day, I have an asus x415EP notebook and im looking to upgrade its ram. Currently I have 8GB DDR4 3200 accdg to windows system. At first I downloaded CPU Z to check how many slots i have for expansion, so i have the 8gb in slot1(* edit: 4GB in slot 1) and nothing for slot 2...before i decided to get a 32gb upgrade online, i opened the back panel of the notebook and saw a 4GB installed in the only slot i saw available....does this mean i can only have a maximum of 36GB here? or am i not seeing another empty expansion slot at the back?

Jun 7, 2023

4GB DDR4 on board
4GB DDR4 SO-DIMM
Total system memory upgradeable to:12GB
i found the site https://www.asus.com/ph/laptops/for-home/all-series/asus-x415-11th-gen-intel/techspec/
exactly what you said...well i guess im stuck with 12 on this machine...so to make it 12 i get an 8GB DDR4 3200 and that shouldnt give me issues right? i can just get any brand?.. sorry im a total noob. Why would the site say there should be 1 more sodimm slot when theres already a 4gb plugged into it...

Look at the ram slots
Is there one dimm that seems to be removeable, or is there two.
I think you may have one 4gb channel of ram soldered in.
The specs looks like your only upgrade would be to 12gb by adding a 8gb module to replace the 4gb module installed.

rgd1101

Don't
i found the site https://www.asus.com/ph/laptops/for-home/all-series/asus-x415-11th-gen-intel/techspec/
exactly what you said...well i guess im stuck with 12 on this machine...so to make it 12 i get an 8GB DDR4 3200 and that shouldnt give me issues right? i can just get any brand?.. sorry im a total noob. Why would the site say there should be 1 more sodimm slot when theres already a 4gb plugged into it...
use cpuz to get the ram spec and get the same spec one but 8GB

Reactions: Ralston18
Good day, I have an asus x415EP notebook and im looking to upgrade its ram. Currently I have 8GB DDR4 3200 accdg to windows system. At first I downloaded CPU Z to check how many slots i have for expansion, so i have the 8gb in slot1(* edit: 4GB in slot 1) and nothing for slot 2...before i decided to get a 32gb upgrade online, i opened the back panel of the notebook and saw a 4GB installed in the only slot i saw available....does this mean i can only have a maximum of 36GB here? or am i not seeing another empty expansion slot at the back?
Go here and run the scanner see what it shows.

Crucial