Ram upgrades keep restarting my computer. Have run out of ideas.

Lycander

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Every time I upgrade the ram on my computer it starts to randomly restart and I have to go back to my old ram. I had 8gb of ram originally and I upgraded to 16gb when it started to randomly restart. I thought I had bad ram and sent it back. I just got 4 sticks of identical ram pushing me to my mobo maximum of 32gb. It has started randomly restarting again

I have upgraded the Bios, removed the mobo battery so the bios battery starts up clean. I've checked all my drivers and they are current. The restarts happen on light and heavy loads. I've performed performance test after performance test.

This is my spec

CPU: Intel i7 2600k
MOBO: P67a-GD55
Ram: Kingston 4x KHX1866C10D3/8G
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780

Solution
Your DRAM is the Hyper X Fury, which runs off PnP - you probably need a BIOS update - the Fury didn't exist when your mobo came out. Get the latest BIOS and hopefully they have updated the the PnP properties of the BIOS. With a 2600K should be able to run 1600 or 1866. If no joy on the BIOS update let me know and we can set up manually ;)

Lycander

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Okay.......I found a solution. The problem to my uneducated mind is that MSI lied about the capabilities of their MOBO.

My old ram ran with no issues at 1333. My new ram were faster but my computer kept restarting afterupgrading. After setting the speed for my new ram to 1333, the problems have gone away.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Your DRAM is the Hyper X Fury, which runs off PnP - you probably need a BIOS update - the Fury didn't exist when your mobo came out. Get the latest BIOS and hopefully they have updated the the PnP properties of the BIOS. With a 2600K should be able to run 1600 or 1866. If no joy on the BIOS update let me know and we can set up manually ;)

Solution

Lycander

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hey Tradesman,

Updating the BIOS was the first thing I did and it still kept restarting. I am open to whatever guidance can be provided and I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you