RAM Usable/Display problems

patricknita

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Samsung 34" Ultrawide 1440p Quantom Dot 100hz 125%rgb Freesync (C34F791WQU)
Case: Corsair 400C & 1x 120 + 1x 140 Corsair coolers
PSU: Corsair RM850X 80+ Gold
Mobo: Asus X370-f
CPU: Ryzen 1700 & Wraith CPU Cooler
RAM: TridentZ RGB 2 x 8GB 3600 CL16
GPU: STRIX 1080TI OC Edition
SSD: Samsung 960EVO 250GB Nvme M2
HDD: Western Digital Blue 2TB

That's my setup.

I updated my Mobo drivers, tried switching ram sticks, memory check, everything.

It's recommended on the X370-f that I use the A2/B2 slots for dual channeling RAM.
Doing this, the whole 16GB get detected, yet 8GB is reserved for hardware (resource monitor says, and in BIOS only half (8GB) are shown.)
Using single channel B1/B2 the whole 16gb get detected and are available.

So what I tried is:
Tried the first stick B2, fully working. Second stick B2, fully working.
I tried the first stick in the A2, no display signal. Second one, no display signal.
Tried then B1/A1 combination, again, 16GB detected, half available.

I don't think that this is a hardware problem, because the whole 16 GB are indeed getting detected. Just in dual channel only half are available, half reserved for hardware.

Any advices? Possible fixes?
Maybe the RAM Voltage? I didn't try an XMP profiles, nor did I try adding more voltage to the RAM.
I strongly believe that it is only a software related problem. I bought my parts only a week ago. They were new and sealed.

Solution
It's about just any 3600MHz RAM, but the exact model code of your RAM, not just the brand but the exact model. It's common knowledge that Ryzen setups are extremely RAM picky, and if your RAM is not on the QVL list there is a high chance it will not work. It is also not about if the RAM are compatible with the Ryzen CPU, it have to be compatible with your specific motherboard. For all we know, those Youtube videos may be using a different motherboard. Please stop believing all those random Youtube videos.

patricknita

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017

G Skill Trident Z 3200MHZ are listed, but not 3600 MHZ. But they ruled an update out so that higher MHZ Rams are compatible with Ryzen CPU's, as I saw on youtube, many used 3600 MHZ in their Ryzen based builds.

It's about just any 3600MHz RAM, but the exact model code of your RAM, not just the brand but the exact model. It's common knowledge that Ryzen setups are extremely RAM picky, and if your RAM is not on the QVL list there is a high chance it will not work. It is also not about if the RAM are compatible with the Ryzen CPU, it have to be compatible with your specific motherboard. For all we know, those Youtube videos may be using a different motherboard. Please stop believing all those random Youtube videos.

Solution