RAM usage too high when doing nothing

Jun 17, 2018
So I just upgraded my PC a couple of days ago to DDR4 2400 MHz and I started seeing my RAM usage in my task manager being too high while I was doing nothing on it. Most of the RAM usage is going to "Service Host: xxxxx" xxxx being the any type of service host. Some of it is going to my "Search" option on my comuter, some of it to "Desktop Windows Manager" "Windows Shell Exeprience Host" etc. I don't know how to fix it. If you can help me i'd be really thankfull.

Solution
Have a look at your temperatures.

Which motherboard and graphics card are you using?

run 3dmark basic edition , click on compare result online after that and post the address from your upcoming browser
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5775-3dmark.html

Did you install windows with the new system?

Which version of the motherboard´s BIOS is installed? (enter BIOS to have a look at)
Jun 17, 2018

My usage is about 15% while doing nothing
My RAM was DDR3 1600 MHz before.
I also upgraded my processor to Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz, and it feels like it's a bit slower honestly and i don't know why and how.... Before i could stream "League of Legends" but now it feels laggy... I don't know why...

mohitakundi

Honorable
Mar 19, 2015
15% is nothing.
My 8 gig system is often at 25-30 at idle
windows likes to use ram to speed things up and it's completely normal, especially with superfetch service which "predicts" which programs would be used and loads them onto the ram for faster loading times