GeorgeGod

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
I Have 32GB Memory Installed On my Pc and Only 16 is usable
tHyJkGH.png

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Windows is using up lots of ram, and reserves even more, if there is enough ram.
Thats no problem at all, its how windows get fast.

What you are looking at, is not a problem, its just information on how windows uses the ram.
After all, who else is supposed to use this ram ? :)

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
I'm looking, staring even, and see no problem.
After some usage of apps, windows will have more or less ram used up.

I promise you: it is not a ram problem, its how Windows work.

If you had any kind of ram problem, I am pretty sure you would have an immediate Windows crash :rolleyes:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your problem is that Windows has reserved 16Gb of ram for hardware use. Normally that's only seen when a pc is using a igpu, but your pc isn't an APC, it's a cpu with no igpu at all. So there's a setting messed up somewhere. And it's in Windows, not the pc.

Most times just reseating the ram has been the fix, sometimes just using 1 stick in A2 (slot #2 from cpu), rebooting, shutdown, add 2nd stick in B2 (slot #4) then reboot, seems to fix windows.

GeorgeGod

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
Your problem is that Windows has reserved 16Gb of ram for hardware use. Normally that's only seen when a pc is using a igpu, but your pc isn't an APC, it's a cpu with no igpu at all. So there's a setting messed up somewhere. And it's in Windows, not the pc.

Most times just reseating the ram has been the fix, sometimes just using 1 stick in A2 (slot #2 from cpu), rebooting, shutdown, add 2nd stick in B2 (slot #4) then reboot, seems to fix windows.
i reset the ram the nothing happend

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks. Your 2400MHz Corsair memory is currently running at 1066 (DDR of 2133). Your memory has an XMP profile of 2400.

Have a look through your motherboard manual how to enable XMP in the bios. It'll adjust settings specific to your ram.

Hopefully XMP does the job. If not, swap the two sticks around.

GeorgeGod

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
Thanks. Your 2400MHz Corsair memory is currently running at 1066 (DDR of 2133). Your memory has an XMP profile of 2400.

Have a look through your motherboard manual how to enable XMP in the bios. It'll adjust settings specific to your ram.

Hopefully XMP does the job. If not, swap the two sticks around.
what is xmp

TRENDING THREADS