Ram voltage question

Stratis123

Honorable
Mar 21, 2015
Hi all.!!
So i built a computer for my friend with a ryzen 3 2200g, msi b350 pc mate and gskill ripjaws 2800mhz ram.
I selected in bios the ram profile with the 2800 mhz option without adjusting voltages.
The computer is working very well but my friend told me that he is getting (not frequently) BSOD...so im suspecting that ram need a little bit more voltage..how much more is safe?
Thanks

Solution

You mean for the BSOD problem? Maybe. I'm not able to comment decisively because I don't know what hardware we are talking about. But one thing he should do is run good Ol' CCleaner. Do the Clean and Registry portions both. And then prove out the RAM with a Memtest run. I would then follow up with a FULL virus scan followed by a Malwarebytes scan...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
2800MHz RAM should not need any voltage increase to run stable at 2800MHz. I suspect his BSOD is another problem.
But before you mess with the RAM voltage, I would run Memtest on each stick individually for at least a fullpass. If it passes, then the problem is probably elsewhere.

Stratis123

Honorable
Mar 21, 2015

What about drivers??? I saw that amd released new 2 days ago.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You mean for the BSOD problem? Maybe. I'm not able to comment decisively because I don't know what hardware we are talking about. But one thing he should do is run good Ol' CCleaner. Do the Clean and Registry portions both. And then prove out the RAM with a Memtest run. I would then follow up with a FULL virus scan followed by a Malwarebytes scan. Could be some poorly written code (malware) conflicting with memory addresses.

Solution