[SOLVED] RAM went bad?

Jul 27, 2019
Hello there, recently(for the past 24h) I started to get non-stop BSOD. I could start windows and everything, normal, but when I open my browser(Firefox) it started to crash multiple times, sometimes it will let me browse a little but as soon as I started to watch a video on youtube I'd get an error from firefox telling me to refresh the page, constantly, until it crashes/BSOD, also opening fortnite or the epic games launcher would cause this cycle of crashes/BSOD. BSOD errors mostly were MEMORY MANAGEMENT, but I also got PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA between many others(Around 4) I can't remember. Those two where the most frequent ones.
The thing is, I bought my PC 1 month and 4 days ago. So I was sure it was a windows thing, maybe a bad configuration or whatever, I ran multiples SFC scans and DISM restores, everything seemed solved but after 30min of browsing... BSOD. I'm really mad at this point so I decide to just wipe everything on my disk and install windows from 0. Everything goes well, I deleted windows through the BIOS(SSD Secure Delete or something) and now around 60% of installing windows again I get an error again and the installation stops. I'm confused so I turn everything off and change my RAM stick(1x8GB) to another slot, still got the error, tried every slot. I proceed to download memtest86 on my brother's PC to test mine and got +10k errors which I guess it means my RAM is gone but I'd like a second opinion on this, maybe I did something wrong somewhere. Only software recently installed was Kerbal Space Program(Running everything on max) which I don't think it could've harm my hardware. I'm really sad and angry, could it be that in 1 month my RAM died? Did I do something wrong?

PC specs:
-ASRock z390 phantom gaming sli/ac
-Intel i5-9400F
-MSI Ventus RTX 2060 6GB
-1x8GB DDR4 2666Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Red

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you, edited.

Sadly I didn't even OCed it, since I can't overclock my CPU I left the RAM alone too(Everything set to default or "Auto" on the BIOS).
I'm heading to my friend's house, to test my module on his computer.
I just want to be 200% sure it's only my RAM before buying a new one and have that gone wrong again.
Thank you for removing!

Feel free. But I assure you, a MEMTEST that has even 1 error on it, is Memory that needs replacing.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I proceed to download memtest86 on my brother's PC to test mine and got +10k errors which I guess it means my RAM is *** up
(Please remove the swear word, younger people and parents can visit these forums!) :)

Either way, even a SINGLE memtest error indicates RAM that needs changing.
You likely didn't do anything wrong, if you OC poorly, it can cause problems.
But just replace the module, 1 error indicates faulty RAM, let alone thousands!

Reactions: sukiyakitrash
Jul 27, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

(Please remove the swear word, younger people and parents can visit these forums!) :)
Thank you, edited.
PC Tailor said:
Either way, even a SINGLE memtest error indicates RAM that needs changing.
You likely didn't do anything wrong, if you OC poorly, it can cause problems.
But just replace the module, 1 error indicates faulty RAM, let alone thousands!
Sadly I didn't even OCed it, since I can't overclock my CPU I left the RAM alone too(Everything set to default or "Auto" on the BIOS).
I just want to be 200% sure it's only my RAM before buying a new one and have that gone wrong again.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thank you, edited.

Thank you for removing!

Feel free. But I assure you, a MEMTEST that has even 1 error on it, is Memory that needs replacing.

Reactions: sukiyakitrash
Solution
Jul 27, 2019
Thank you for removing!

Tested my module on another PC and it is indeed faulty, tested another module on my PC and it had no errors. I guess everything else is good(I was affraid that it was a compatibility issue that broke my module), thank you for your responses. I'll have to buy a new RAM.

Reactions: PC Tailor