[SOLVED] Ram with different voltages?

Jul 22, 2021
My Sony Vaio SVE15133CN laptop has two ram slots. I have 2 gb ram(PC3-12800) installed(with voltage 1.50V). Now to upgrade my laptop I decided to add extra ram in another slot so If I put a RAM with same configurations(specs) as of my installed ram except the voltage(new ram voltage is 1.35V) then will it be good? Means will it run well without damaging my motherboard/laptop or is there is chance of damaging my laptop?

Solution
My Sony Vaio SVE15133CN laptop has two ram slots. I have 2 gb ram(PC3-12800) installed(with voltage 1.50V). Now to upgrade my laptop I decided to add extra ram in another slot so If I put a RAM with same configurations(specs) as of my installed ram except the voltage(new ram voltage is 1.35V) then will it be good? Means will it run well without damaging my motherboard/laptop or is there is chance of damaging my laptop?

Please do not install RAM that is not on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of your laptop.
Please don’t mix RAM as it might result in errors!

Buy a kit that is compatible with your laptop and sell your old RAM.

Endre

Reputable

Please do not install RAM that is not on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of your laptop.
Please don’t mix RAM as it might result in errors!

Buy a kit that is compatible with your laptop and sell your old RAM.

Reactions: thamesh149
Solution