[SOLVED] RAM wont overclock

Jan 26, 2019
Ram not overclocking

Ive recently upgraded my PC and i ran into a problem trying to get my RAM to the rated 3000Mhz, ive tried using the A-XMP settings and manually setting the timings and clock speed but after rebooting and going back into the bios i see that it is only at 2133Mhz still

SPECS:

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS
Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB ROG STRIX
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000mhz (2x8Gb)

Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be? Im also only getting 8192M of memory but both sticks are recognised and it says i have 16Gb ram installed

Solution
Then you should contact your motherboard's manufacturer. If you wish, try to apply manually through BIOS the desired timings and frequency @ 1.35V, see how does this work out. Also please download CPU-Z and confirm that it reads indeed that speed. (Should be 2133/2) if so.

Also make sure your BIOS version is the latest. You might have to install Chipset's latest driver first before performing an update to your BIOS due to AGESA 1.0.0.6
Jan 26, 2019

They are fully pushed into both Red slots, when i booted my pc first it told me to move them there

Jan 26, 2019

ive tried both XMP profiles and neither change it, it reads as 2133Mhz in both

Jun 28, 2018
Then you should contact your motherboard's manufacturer. If you wish, try to apply manually through BIOS the desired timings and frequency @ 1.35V, see how does this work out. Also please download CPU-Z and confirm that it reads indeed that speed. (Should be 2133/2) if so.

Also make sure your BIOS version is the latest. You might have to install Chipset's latest driver first before performing an update to your BIOS due to AGESA 1.0.0.6

Solution