[SOLVED] RAM works, but only if there are no more than 2 sticks installed ? Code 55

Scadoosh118

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2016
I'm working with an Asus Z87-Pro.
It came with two sticks of Nanya 1GB DDR3-1066 ECC (NT1GC72B89A0NF-BE).
I attempted to switch these for four sticks of Crucial 2GB DDR3-1066 ECC (CT25672BA1067A.M18FG).
No post. Memory LED is on, code is 55. "RAM not found"

I'm calling the original Nanya 'ram A', and the Crucial 'ram B'. There are white slots and black slots.
First of all, I tested each stick of ram B all by themselves, and the machine posts normally, so all ram B sticks work.
Two of ram B work in the black slots, and they work in the white slots, so all the slots work.
Starting from either black or white, once I add more than two sticks into the motherboard, code 55.
I tried two of ram A and two of ram B, code 55.

I went into the BIOS and it seems that the only RAM related settings are in the AI tweaker:
fUiP0oT.jpeg

In the DRAM Timing Control:
BYEVsoD.jpeg

I'm at a loss, really. These BIOS options intimidate me, I haven't tried anything yet. Any suggestions?

Solution
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-PRO/E8489_Z87-PRO.pdf

Verify that I identified the correct motherboard User Manual.

Reference pages ix, and Page 1-10, 1-11 for supported memory configurations. Page 1-26 also.

Double check that the memory modules being installed are indeed supported.

Long list....

Be sure to check the ASUS website for any updates and changes to the RAM QVL.

If you have not tried anything in BIOS you really should not need to be in there at this time.

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-PRO/E8489_Z87-PRO.pdf

Verify that I identified the correct motherboard User Manual.

Reference pages ix, and Page 1-10, 1-11 for supported memory configurations. Page 1-26 also.

Double check that the memory modules being installed are indeed supported.

Long list....

Be sure to check the ASUS website for any updates and changes to the RAM QVL.

If you have not tried anything in BIOS you really should not need to be in there at this time.

Solution