RAM works on 32bit windows but does not work on 64bit

mozenaserio

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

I had a 4GB ram that i am using since ages and it is working fine, but as a gamer i wanted to upgrade my system so i bought a new graphics card GTX960 and bought a new 8GB DDR3 twinmos ram...so after inserting the new ram total memory was 12GB, but 32bit system limits ram capacity to 3GB so i had to upgrade my windows to 64bit

But now after upgrading to 64bit my windows wont boot up, it gets stuck on starting windows loading screen

My rig
Motherboard: Intel DH55TC (supports upto 16gb RAM)
RAM: 1x4GB DDR3Corsair , 1X8GB DDR3 1600mhz twinmos
Graphic Card: Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB DDR5
Processor: i3 540 3.06ghz
PSU: Corsair CX430

McHenryB

Admirable
Does the computer boot without the added RAM? If not, then the problem is not what your Subject assumes. In reality it is highly unlikely (impossible?) that RAM would work on a 32-bit setup but not a 64-bit one. I'd guess that the problem lies elsewhere.

You may want to try booting in Safe or Verbose modes (depending upon which version of Windows you are using). It might also help if you told us what version of Windows you are running.

Edit: Note that the manual for your motherboard says that memory modules need to be matched in speed and size. The latter could be your problem.

mozenaserio

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

Yes it does boot when i remove my 8GB ram....system boots up with my 4GB ram but....i have tried and placed 8GB ram in place of my old 4 gb ram.....and placed both rams together....but system dosent boot up.....it boots only with my old ram inserted

but i checked my 8GB ram on my dads computer, it worked.....