[SOLVED] Ram xmp

Earbud98

Commendable
May 4, 2020
Hello guys, is xmp considered overclocking?
Because i got new 2x8 gb hyperx predator 3200mhz. But the speed is 2300mhz by default and my amd ryzen 7 2700 supports 2933mhz max as of specs. Is it ok to set my ram in xmp to 3200mhz as it is defined speed of it ?

Solution
It says OC however all XMP is doing is running it at the rated specs. I suppose it's how you look at it but I really only consider it a overclock if you exceed the rated specs so if you go above 3200 or create tighter timings then I'd consider that overclocked.

Earbud98

Commendable
May 4, 2020
I don't consider XMP overclocking as it's setting the memory to the correct speed, voltage & timings as defined per the specs. If the motherboard supports 3200mhz then it should run at that speed.
It says my motherboard supports but it is like 3200mhz(o.c.) so this means overclock ? I have asus prime b450m-k motherboard

WildCard999

Titan
It says OC however all XMP is doing is running it at the rated specs. I suppose it's how you look at it but I really only consider it a overclock if you exceed the rated specs so if you go above 3200 or create tighter timings then I'd consider that overclocked.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS