[SOLVED] RAM

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
hello, i just bought a new 2x8gb ram kit with speed of 3200 and my motherboard is b360m d3h it only supports ram speed up to 2666
so when i open my task manager to see what ram speed i am running on it's only 2400 i think it should be at least 2666 because thats
the max speed my mobo supports

so when i open my task manager to see what ram speed i am running on it's only 2400 i think it should be at least 2666
If your CPU is the 7th gen one, the RAM will run at 2400mhz. If your CPU is 8th or 9th gen, the problem is from something else.

Here is from gigabyte: * To support 2666 MHz or XMP memory, you must install an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5 processor. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-D3H-rev-10/sp#sp

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
You don't need any drivers. Check the manual page 26 for more detail about the XMP and Memory Odd Ratio setting.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

If you still have the problem, may consider to update the MB BIOS to the newer one, F13. Usually I don't use any beta version BIOS. But keep in mind, if you don't do it right during the BIOS update, you will brick the MB.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016

jwcrellin

Reputable
Can you get into the bios by hitting "DEL" repeatedly at system startup? Sometimes it goes by too fast or your keyboard doesn't power up fast enough. You can also get to it by holding shift while picking restart and choosing advanced options and then boot to uefi.

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
Can you get into the bios by hitting "DEL" repeatedly at system startup? Sometimes it goes by too fast or your keyboard doesn't power up fast enough. You can also get to it by holding shift while picking restart and choosing advanced options and then boot to uefi.
yes i can get into the bios then what should i do after that?