[SOLVED] ram

Nov 29, 2021
Every single time i change my ram settings to docp it keeps restarting and after 5 restarts it goes in safe mode and makes me change it back to auto my ram could run at 3200 mhz but it just puts it at 2666 mhz
Id really appreciate any insight on this thanks for reading

specs
ryzen 3700x
asus tuff b450
oloy 3200 mhz
msi2060 super

Solution
the restarts are the system trying to train the motherboard to the ram

Memory training occurs on power up, and it is the process whereby the system initialises all the memory installed in your system, does a few rapid tests, organises it all into a pool, and then makes it available for use.

If the ram isn't on the Mb compatibility sheet, and hasn't been tested to run it at that speed, you may find it won't work at 3200.

this may not be your model, I blame asus for having a few - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboard...TUF-Gaming/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/

Colif

Win 11 Master

Memory training occurs on power up, and it is the process whereby the system initialises all the memory installed in your system, does a few rapid tests, organises it all into a pool, and then makes it available for use.

If the ram isn't on the Mb compatibility sheet, and hasn't been tested to run it at that speed, you may find it won't work at 3200.

this may not be your model, I blame asus for having a few - https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboard...TUF-Gaming/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/

Reactions: bob?
Solution
Every single time i change my ram settings to docp it keeps restarting and after 5 restarts it goes in safe mode and makes me change it back to auto my ram could run at 3200 mhz but it just puts it at 2666 mhz
Id really appreciate any insight on this thanks for reading

specs
ryzen 3700x
asus tuff b450
oloy 3200 mhz
msi2060 super
Do you have RAM in appropriate places ' Usually A2 and B2 ? Check manual for MB.

Nov 29, 2021

so theres no way i can run mine at 3200 mhz and sry this is the right mb
TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II

Nov 29, 2021
hey i switched them to a2 and b2 and now my pc turns on my fans spin but cpu fan doesn’t spin i changed the cmos battery but there’s still no display plz 😭

Colif

Win 11 Master
i just thought it was worth a try.

i would be tempted to get PC looked at by repair shop, it could be ram doesn't work at all in those slots and you won't get a display if PC can't even use ram.

they can try different ram and see if it works.

Nov 29, 2021
i just thought it was worth a try.

i would be tempted to get PC looked at by repair shop, it could be ram doesn't work at all in those slots and you won't get a display if PC can't even use ram.

they can try different ram and see if it works.
ok thank you